1. Aug 16 Successful Volunteer Program Structure
Examine why an organization involves volunteers, the structure of a volunteer program, the role of the manager and the program budget.
2. Aug 23 Planning for Volunteer Involvement
Identify the roles and expectations of paid staff, executive management and volunteers in developing position descriptions and in the placement process; focus placed on risk management.
3. Aug 30 Effective Volunteer Recruitment
Explore what motivates an individual to volunteer and the methods, messages and design of recruitment strategies.
(No class on Sep 6)
4. Sep 13 Managing the Retention Process
Discuss screening and interviewing techniques, training, and supervision procedures that help dissuade attrition and lead to retention.
5. Sep 20 High Impact Volunteer Experiences
Focus on the involvement of groups in your volunteer program: corporate, youth and others. Examine and determine the value of high impact volunteer experiences for your organization.
6. Sep 27 Volunteer Management Leadership Skills
Explore different management styles, time management strategies, leadership skills, and program evaluation
Registration is Now Open!
Management of Volunteer Programs